Hood Marine Canvas Consulting
1. Hourly Zoom Consulting Services can be purchased through the "Store" tab on this website. Zoom Consulting has become increasingly popular. After purchasing email the subject and the best time to Zoom.
2. On Site Consulting by the Day for local shops within 100 miles of Cumberland, RI. Can be purchased through the "Store" tab on this website.
3. Contract Sewing for Marine Canvas Shops. Drop off your patterns and materials and Mark and Deb will fabricate in their home shop ready to install.
(More information and pricing schedule soon.)
4. Instantly downloadable Training Books and Videos can be purchased through the "Store" tab on this website.
5. Marks Printed Book "Bimini Enclosure Fabrication Step-by-Step" can be purchased through the "Store" tab on this website. It will be sent out Via USPS Priority Mail.
6. Marks Marine Fabricator Magazine How-To Articles for 12 years in PDF format available for free download via the "Articles" tab on this website.
7. Many valuable links to suppliers, fabricator sites, associations and other marine canvas links are available by clicking the "Links" tab on this website.
After 43 years of marine canvas fabrication Mark and Deb Hood have retired and moved to Rhode Island in 2023. Hood Canvas was sold to their friend Krisha Plauche, owner of Onboard Interiors in Marblehead, MA. Their marine canvas training school that Mark and Deb ran successfully for the past 13 years was turned over to another friend and long-time student Keri Ames owner of Yachtsman’s Canvas Company near Philadelphia, PA. It is very satisfying to Mark and Deb to know that what they created continues in very capable hands. They are now spending their free time sailing on Narragansett Bay and Southern New England aboard their sloop “Dodger”. Mark continues to write and consults with other fabricators. Sewing is in their blood, so they do some light contract sewing and making products to sell online from their home in RI. Mark is a certified Master Fabric Craftsman (MFC).